Business & Commercial



Business & Commercial Insurance - Builder's Risk

Business and commercial insurance should be custom tailored to your business. At the very least make sure your business is protected by:   

Builder's Risk Insurance is also referred to by those in the insurance industry as Course of Construction (COC) insurance. This specialized insurance is intended to insure structures while they are under construction. Materials, fixtures and appliances which are intended to become an integral part of the structure being built are also insured. This insurance is also suitable for additions or alterations to existing buildings.


Insurance is provided for loss resulting from accidental direct physical damage to the structure under construction. These policies usually provide broad coverage with few exclusions, but generally exclude damage caused by earth movement, including earthquake and flood. Some Builder's Risk policies limit coverage to physical damage caused by specific named perils such as fire, lightning, windstorm, and theft. These perils are specifically listed in the policy.